LTI Pro for Canvas
Configuring LTI Pro on Canvas
- Copy your LTI Key and LTI Secret by following steps 1-4 in the Configuring LTI Pro page.
- Navigate to your Canvas Account, click Admin, and then the name of the account where you would like to add Zoom.
- Click Settings from the menu on the left panel.
- Click Apps.
- Click View App Configurations.
- Click + App.
- Complete the Add App page as follows:
- Configuration Type: Select Paste XML
- Name: Enter Zoom or another name to indicate that this app is for Zoom.
- Consumer Key: Paste the LTI Key from Step 1.
- Shared Secret: Paste the LTI Secret from Step 1.
- XML Configuration: Copy and paste the XML below:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cartridge_basiclti_link xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticc_v1p0" xmlns:blti = "http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsbasiclti_v1p0" xmlns:lticm ="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticm_v1p0" xmlns:lticp ="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticp_v1p0" xmlns:xsi = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation = "http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticc_v1p0 http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/lti/ltiv1p0/imslticc_v1p0.xsd http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imsbasiclti_v1p0 http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/lti/ltiv1p0/imsbasiclti_v1p0.xsd http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticm_v1p0 http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/lti/ltiv1p0/imslticm_v1p0.xsd http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticp_v1p0 http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/lti/ltiv1p0/imslticp_v1p0.xsd"><blti:launch_url>https://applications.zoom.us/lti/rich</blti:launch_url> <blti:title>Attendance</blti:title> <blti:description><!-- [CDATA[Schedule/List Zoom Meeting]] --></blti:description> <blti:extensions platform="canvas.instructure.com"> <lticm:property name="tool_id">Zoom</lticm:property> <lticm:property name="privacy_level">public</lticm:property> <lticm:property name="text">Zoom</lticm:property> <lticm:options name="course_navigation"> <lticm:property name="default">disabled</lticm:property> <lticm:property name="visibility">public</lticm:property> <lticm:property name="enabled">true</lticm:property> </lticm:options> </blti:extensions> </cartridge_basiclti_link>
9. Click Submit.
Installing Zoom LTI Pro in Course Navigation
- Login to Canvas as the course instructor or administrator and navigate to the course where you would like to add Zoom.
- Click Settings.
- Click Navigation.
- Drag Zoom from the hidden items to the place where you would like it to appear in the Navigation.
- Click Save.
Canvas Calendar and Conversations
LTI Pro allows meetings scheduled with the LTI to be posted to the Canvas Calendar. Canvas Conversations can also be enabled which will cause announcements to be delivered when a meeting is created, edited or deleted.
LTI Pro requires that Canvas developer keys be entered into the Zoom LTI Pro configuration. The steps to do this are documented here:
- Install or Sign In to LTI Pro App and copy the Oauth Redirect URL.
- Go to Canvas and add a new ‘Developer Keys’.
- Login to Canvas with Admin privileges
- Click Admin and choose account
- Click Developer Keys
- Click + Developer Key then + API Key
- Configure the Developer Key Settings:
- Enable Enforce Scopes.
- Check Calendar Events and Conversations.
- Set Key Name to “Zoom LTI Pro” or your desired name.
- Set Redirect URL with the Oauth Redirect URL from Step 1 then click Save Key.
- Enable Enforce Scopes.
- Set State of newly created developer key to ON
- Add the Canvas Developer ID and Developer Key to a new Instance at LTI Pro 3rd party Credentials.
- Go back to LTI Pro Configure page
- Click 3rd Party Credentials
- Click LTI Canvas
- Enable Conversation (optional)
- Enable Calendar (optional)
- Enable Enforce Scopes
If Conversation is disabled, remove all scopes that include /conversations/ in the scope.
If Calendar is disabled, remove all scopes that include /calendar_events/ in the scope.
- Click Add Instance.
- Fill out the form as follows
- LTI Canvas Site Domain: Domain of your Canvas site
- Developer ID: get Developer ID from Canvas developer key created in Step 3 (first number in Details column)
- Developer Key: click Show Key and copy key.
- Click Save once the form is filled out.
- Click Save
- Now when a Zoom meeting is created, updated, or deleted, the Canvas Calendar and Conversation will be updated.
Configuring Canvas & LTI Pro to Support Different Domains
Some organizations may provide two different domains for accessing Canvas. For example, both of the following domains may be used to access Canvas at a school:
Zoom’s LTI Pro uses the domain along with other attributes to associate a Zoom meeting with a course in an LMS. This may cause problems if the instructor used the someschool.instructure.com domain to schedule meetings, but the student used canvas.someschool.edu to access Canvas and the Zoom LTI link. In this case, the student would not see the meetings that the instructor has scheduled.
As of the December 2019 LTI Pro release, Zoom supports settting the domain via the server_domain or custom_server_domain LTI attributes. If one of the above LTI attributes is present, Zoom will use the value of that attribute as the domain.
To set the server_domain attribute:
- Log in to Canvas as an Admin
- Click Admin in the left navigation and select the account that has LTI Pro installed
- Click Setting in the left navigation for account
- Click the Apps tab
- Click View App Configurations
- Find the LTI Pro app, click the settings icon, and click Edit
- Enter one of the domains into the Custom Fields text area as shown:
Note: The domain used should be the domain used most frequently (with the most scheduled meetings). Meetings scheduled with an alternate domain from that set as the server_domain will need to be added again.
- Click Submit
Configuring LTI Pro 3rd Party Credentials to Enable Canvas Calendar and Conversations to Support Different Domains
LTI Pro’s 3rd Party Credentials need to be configured properly so that the Canvas Calendar and Conversations integration works correctly if Canvas can is accessed with different domains.
To configure LTI Pro 3rd Party Credential to support different domains:
- Follow all the steps in the Canvas Calendar and Conversations section above
- After the first domain and developer key and secret have been entered, click the Add Instance button
- Fill out the form as follows:
- LTI Canvas Site Domain: enter the other domain used to access Canvas (Example: https://someschool.instructure.com)
- Developer ID: use the same Developer ID used in Step 1 above
- Developer Key: use the same Developer Key used in Step 1 above
- Click Save once the form is filled out
Set LTI Pro Time Zone from Canvas
Configure Canvas to send Time Zone to LTI Pro
- Login to Canvas as an Admin
- Click Admin and select account
- Click Settings
- Click Apps (navigation at top of page)
- Click View App Configurations
- Scroll through the list of apps and and click gear icon to the right of the LTI Pro app and select Edit
- In Custom Fields and the following line: person_address_timezone=$Person.address.timezone
- Click Submit
For additional help or technical support please submit a ticket.