LTI Pro for Moodle
Configuring LTI Pro on Moodle
- Copy your LTI Key and LTI Secret by following steps 1-4 in the Configuring LTI Pro page.
- Sign in to Moodle as an administrator and go to Site Administration > Plugins.
- Choose Manage tools.
- Click configure a tool manually to create the Zoom LTI.
- Configure the external tool with the following:
- Tool name: Zoom Video Conferencing (or what you want the tool to be called.
- Tool URL: Paste the LTI URL from Step 1.
- Consumer key: Paste the LTI Key from Step 1.
- Consumer secret: Paste the LTI Secret from Step 1.
- Tool configuration usage: “Show as preconfigured tool when adding an external tool”
- Default launch container: “Embed, without blocks”
- Custom Parameters: If you need to make sure students can only see the meetings for their course, add the following attribute in the custom parameters: course_id_method_type=0
- In the privacy section, configure the following:
- Share launcher’s name with the tool: “Always”
- Share launcher’s email with the tool: “Always”
- Click Save changes.
- Once complete, Zoom’s LTI Pro will be listed as a tool.
Installing LTI Pro in a Moodle Course
- Sign in as an instructor, go to the course, and turn on editing in the course.
- Add an activity to the course.
- Choose External tool.
- On the adding a new External tool page, choose the existing Zoom Video Conferencing (or whatever you named the tool) and save the setting.
- Click **Save and return to course **
After saving the configuration, the instructor can click the activity to launch Zoom LTI Pro.
With Zoom LTI Pro, the instructor can schedule course meetings and view their meeting list. The students will be able to view the meetings that are scheduled for the specific course.
LTI Pro allows meetings scheduled with the LTI to be posted to the Moodle Calendar.
Create a Token
- Login to Moodle as an Admin.
- Click Site Administration > Plugins.
- Click Manage tokens.
- Click Add under Manage tokens.
- Select Service as Moodle mobile web service and click Save changes
- Copy the token that was just created.
- Navigate to the LTI Pro Configuration page
- Click 3rd Party Credentials > LTI Mooodle > Add Instance
- Paste the token copied from step 6 in the previous section and paste the token into the Access Token field.
- Click Save.
Verifying Meeting Creation for Moodle Calendar
- Create a meeting within Zoom.
- Navigate to your Moodle Calendar.
- Choose the desired course.
- Find the event on the calendar and verify you see Click here to join Zoom Meeting: <meetingID>.