With Zapier, you build simple automations called Zaps that work in the background and automate your work. For example, you can create a Zap that automatically subscribes new Zoom Webinar registrants to a MailChimp list. Or create a Zap that registers a contact for a Zoom Webinar whenever a form is completed or a PayPal purchase is completed.
Every Zap has a trigger app, that kicks off the automation and causes an action to happen in another app. Zapier is the connection between these apps and allows you to connect and automate the tools you use to run your business.
- Free or Paid Zoom Account
- A Zapier account
- Pre-approval of the Zapier app in the Zoom Marketplace
Note: If the app is not pre-approved, please contact your Zoom admin.
Limitations and Known Issues
- Currently only 1 Zoom connection is supported. You must use this connection for all your Zoom trigger and action Zaps. If you inadvertently create a 2nd Zoom connection, all of your existing Zaps using the 1st Zoom connection will no longer work. To recover you must remove all zaps in your account and recreate them using a single Zoom connection.
- The “Create Registrant” action will always fail if the “last name” field is not populated. The failure will occur even if the last name field in the Zoom registration page is set to “not required”. The work-around is to always populate the “last name” field.
- The “Create Registrant” action will always fail if the “country” field is set to “required” in the Zoom registration page. The failure will occur even if the “country” field is populated when creating the action. The work-around is to always set the “country” field in the Zoom registration page to “not required”
Installing Zapier Connector from the Zoom Marketplace
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for Zapier and click the app.
- If the app is not pre-approved, contact your Zoom admin to approve this app for your account.
- Click “Visit site to install”. You will be redirected to Zapier.
- Login or signup up for a new account.
Using the Zapier Integration
Triggers with Zoom
Triggers mean that when something occurs in Zoom, Zapier causes an action in another app.
Available Triggers with Zoom:
- When a meeting is created
- When a webinar is created
- When a participant registers for a webinar
- When a recording is available
Actions with Zoom
Actions mean that when something occurs in another app, Zapier causes an action in Zoom.
Available Actions with Zoom:
- Create a meeting
- Create a webinar
- Register a participant for a one-time webinar
Creating a Zap
- Sign in to your Zapier account and select Make A Zap.
- After selecting Make A Zap, you will be prompted to select a trigger.
- When you add Zoom as either the trigger or the action, you will need to connect your Zoom account.
Note: When wanting to use a webinar as a trigger, first choose a “New Meeting” trigger and then select “Meeting Type” as “Webinar”. When wanting to use a webinar as an action, first choose the “Create Meeting” action and then select “Meeting Type” as “Webinar”.
- Login to your Zapier account
- Navigate to Explore -> My Apps
- Under My Connections find the connection(s) to disconnect.
- Click the Disconnect button for all connections to disconnect.
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for the Zapier app.
- Click the Zapier app.
- Click Uninstall.
How Your Data is Used
This app accesses and uses the following information from your Zoom account:
- Meeting/webinar info (id, topic, start time, duration, timezone, share URL) - included in the Zoom “meeting created” and “webinar created” zap trigger zaps which can be passed to your zap actions.
- Recording info (id, type, topic, start time, timezone, duration, share url, total size of recordings, host email, password to play recording, number of recording files, and for each recording file: meeting ID, recording start/end times, file type, file size, play URL, download URL) - included in the Zoom “recording completed” zap triggers which can be passed to your zap actions.
- Meeting/webinar registration info (topic, start time, timezone, duration, email, fist name, last name, street address, city, country, zip, state, phone, industry, org, job title, purchasing time frame, role in purchasing process, number of employees, comments) - included in the Zoom “meeting registration created” and “Webinar registration created” zap triggers which can be passed to your zap actions.
This app accesses and uses the following information from your zap triggers to create Zoom zap actions:
- Meeting info (topic, start_time, timezone, duration, password) - used to create new Zoom meetings or webinars.
- Webinar registrant info (email, first name, last name) - used to register a user to a Zoom webinar.